Tuesday, August 18, 2015

June 19, 2015 Updated



Hello & Hello!

It's been a while since I've let you know what is happening with me. My life is 'hopping' so take a seat and let me get you caught up.

My temp job at Azusa Pacific University ended April 24th. Well beyond the December 19th date I thought. They gave me a lovely 'orange' send off. Such a blessing to be able to work there & with those people for over two years!

I just returned to SoCal from a trip to EaWash (Eastern Washington). Left May 11th & returned Sunday, June 14th. Trip to EaWash was a good combination of rest, work (Joy Russell AT YOUR SERVICE was up and running), building / deepening relationships and gaining more freedom in my own life. Huzzah! The end of my trip was topped off by a few days on the Oregon coast at Arch Cape and my nephew, Chase’s, graduation from Stanford. It’s nice to come back more rested and ready to face whatever is ahead.

WHATEVER IS AHEAD consists of 3 months in Tanzania! I'm staying at a friend's house in Monrovia - she's kind enough to let me 'crash' here before I leave on Monday, June 29th & have a return flight on September 29th. Yikes, that’s just 10 days away. I’m mainly going out for my nephew, Skyler’s, wedding August 1st and figured it would be a good time to clarify if the LORD has something for me to be doing in Tanzania. To find that out I am extending my trip on both sides of the wedding to 1) help with wedding prep 2) have special family time while the twins are off school in August and 3) get a good look at the work Peter & Tammy (my brother and sister-in-law) are doing with their ministry, Wild Hope International, to see if there might be a niche for me. Thanks for praying clarity for what the LORD has for me in the future. As I read my Bible it’s telling me He has it all planned out already and it’s an exciting adventure. Not always easy, but always with Him by my side!

For those of you in SoCal Joy L. Russell AT YOUR SERVICE will be up and running next Monday – Wed (June 22nd – 24th). I’m working on gathering funds for when I return as a couple has graciously offered to cover my expenses while I’m out there. So, if you need:

Weeding
Window washing
Cleaning closets
Organizing any "black holes" in your house
Painting
Basic Computer problem-solving
Gardening

Let me know I have a reasonable hourly rate. You know you want to get that task done - give me a call!

I'll try to send updates from Tanzania. Let me know:
    1) if you would rather not be on this list for updates
    2) if you have a different email address you’d prefer me to use

No comments: