Monday, March 2, 2009

Sunday & Monday, Feb 8th & 9th - Traveling

....I'll be putting up 'day by day' posts from Suzanne & my trip to Tanzania (maybe with some non-trip blogs interspersed so stay awake :-) ... here's the next one ---

Travel days. Left London Sunday night and got into Tanzania (TZ) Monday afternoon. Enroute I discovered that there is an airline for Missionary Kids (MK). See picture.

Made the mistake of telling the customs official that I had 'gifts' so he opened my bag and wanted to know how much the gifts were worth. Fortunately the bags that I had only had cloths and items that others had purchased so I could honestly say that I didn't know the price. He was real interested in the Stanley Thermos and gave us a hard time about bringing in food (corn tortillas) informing us that we need to pre-approve that with the department of agriculture. Suzanne, who had not had her bags opened, came over for moral support and kept asking him where we should go to get this approval, etc. He eventually let us go with no charges or penalties. It was good to see the Russells as we got out of there!

Rested a bit, settled in and started to get acclimated to TZ life.

No comments: