Monday, October 8, 2007

India Trip, Oct 7

This day Judy, Mom & I went to Union Church for their service. After that we went to the Four Seasons hotel and had a lovely lunch while a parade went by in the street below us. It was some type of 'eco' parade wanting to get across the importance of trees for our well being. Most spectacular part was at the beginning with bag pipes being played. Never know what you're going to see on this mountain.
After lunch we went looking for material for a Punjabi suit for Mom to wear to a wedding. Found some nice material that is being made, as I type, to fit her to a tee. The picture to the right shows her being measured for that.
We were able to fit all that in and get Mom home in time for a rest before the open house birthday party for the sisters from 4-6 pm. About 30 people came, in shifts, to wish the sisters a happy birthday. There was Chai, Samosas, cake and other things I can't pronounce let alone spell for the guest to enjoy. The guest were made up of people from church and Woodstock School.A good portion of the guests were able to enjoy a 'concert' put on by the sisters. Marietta on the piano & Esther singing with Dana joining them after the first song.

Here's a picture of the fine spread at the party. The sisters held up very well considering their age :-).


This picture was taken when we were talking, via Skype, to Bonnie in Turkey. Not only were we talking to her, but we were also able to see her on the computer screen & she could see us as well. This was a new expereince for me. Way cool!
We also had a chance to talk/see Andy (Criders son) & Sonya (his wife) and their four kids. Makes me want to invest in that 'eyeball' looking camera so I can do that with my family as well.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I'm enjoying your "running" commentary - makes me feel like I'm right there. The girls say "hi."