Sunday, September 30, 2007

Going to India


LEFT: Mom 'Packing' yesterday :-) .... RIGHT: are the sisters in 1995. Esther, my mom, on the left & Marietta



I POSTED THIS LAST WEEK, BUT AM MOVING IT UP TO THE TOP BECAUSE TODAY'S THE DAY WE LEAVE -- WOO HOO!!!

A week from tomorrow I'm going to India...taking my mom to see her sister. They are both in their 80's & I know this trip is going to be a hoot.

I've created this blog so I can share the experience....

concerns:

-Getting there = LONG flight, long train ride &, from what I've heard, a wild taxi ride up the mountain

-altitude = live at 105 feet & going to 6,500 feet --- (Woodstock School)

-coming off a few strenuous weeks at work (think I'll sleep for a couple days upon arrival at that 6,500 feet destination :-)

looking forward to:

-time
....to get to know my extended family better
.....to rest & ponder
...to "smell the roses"

-making memories with my mom

-being immersed in another culture again

Can't wait. Let's get going Mom.

Thanks to the generous Mitchell clan for making this trip possible!!!

5 comments:

suzannesg@gmail.com said...

Joy - great job on this new venture - enjoy!!!

Arlita said...

Blessings, Joy, and Love to you and your mom as you make this long journey. What a welcome you will receive! And what a blessing you will be! We can hardly wait to hear a blow-by-blow account. Hugs and Kisses to Aunt Retta as well as yourselves. Arlita and Joe

MamaMonk said...

Yeeha!!!!!!!!!!!!!! have a wonderful time!!

Joann said...

Hi Joy!

I don't have time to re-write what I wrote...so, I look forward to travelling with you and your mom. Please give her a hug for me.

May you rest well!

Love, Jo

Joy said...

Thanks, y'all. We're slowly adjusting after the long travel, altitude change and emotional talks. It's Mom's birthday today (though it says Oct 3rd it's the 4th here already) -- officially 84 woo hoo